Oregon Summer Classic Social Events

Come have fun with us and create an experience to remember for a lifetime!!

 

Oregon Summer Classic
Social Events:

 

Tueday, June 20, 2017    6pm The Equine Chronicle Exhibitors Welcome Social
Where: Compton Arena on grass area.
Cost: Free

 

Wednesday, June 21, 2017   6pm  Visit Medford, Taste of the Rogue Valley Reception.  Sponsored by Travel Medford.

 

Thursday, June 22, 2017 7pm BBQ sponsored by Medford Visitor & Convention Bureau
Where: Osrud sale barn (directly in front of the Compton Arena)
Cost: $8.00 per ticket.

Flip the Filly put on by the OQHYA!
 

Friday, June 23, 2017

Hellgate Jet Boat trip 

Zipline Adventure trip 
Rogue River Fishing or Rafting Trips

Wine Tasting Tours

 

 Saturday, June 24, 2017    6 pm  BobbiO's Pizza, Central Point Pizza Party, Rogue Saloon.

Come have fun with us and create an experience to remember for a lifetime!!


 

OQHA Showcase of Talent 2017:


• Youth Champion of Champions:
An opportunity to name a champion youth equitation rider as the Over-All Champion of Oregon Summer Classic 2017. Western against the English. The first and second place winner in the Youth Hunt Seat Equitation and the Youth Horsemanship from the Wednesday - Thursday classes, under each judge. Youth, novice youth 13 & under and Novice youth 14-18 will be invited to participate. It will be rail work only, all contestants at the same time. It will be a scored class using a handicap system. GREAT PRIZE FOR THE CHAMPION WHILE THEY TAKE THEIR VICTORY LAP AROUND THE ARENA!!
_____

 

• Trail / Ranch Trail Relay Teams:
Open to all trail and ranch horse exhibitors. Exhibitors will compete in 2 person teams of 1 trail exhibitor and 1 ranch horse exhibitor. Teams to be determined by random draw. The event will consist of 3 trail obstacles and 3 ranch trail obstacles. Winning team will be determined by time and time penalties incurred. Class will be walk / trot only. Break of gait will be a 10 second penalty, knock down of obstacle will be 5 second penalty and if baton is dropped rider must dismount ot pick it up and remount before it can be handed off or cross the finish line. Times starts when first horse crosses the time line and ends after second horse crosses the time line. Teams must transfer the baton from one rider to the other. The teams will be auctioned off and 60% of the proceeds from the sale will go to the OQHF designated for the World Show team. The OQHF (Oregon Quarter Horse Foundation is a 501c3. The remaining 40% will be paid back to the winning bidder. Come support the World Show Teams and cheer on a team.

 

OQHA Showcase of Talent 2017:
Saturday, June 24, 2017


• Youth Top Hand Award:

An opportunity to name a top hand youth rider as the Top Hand of Oregon Summer Classic 2017. The first and second place winner in the Youth Reining, Cowhorse and Ranch Riding from the Wednesday - Thursday classes, under each judge. Youth, Novice Youth 13 & under and Novice Youth 14-18 will be invited to participate. It will be rail work only at judges command, all contestants at the same time. GREAT PRIZE FOR THE CHAMPION WHILE THEY TAKE THEIR VICTORY LAP AROUND THE ARENA!!

All buckles sponsored by Caliente Saddle Shop, West Coast Tres Rios Representive.

 

 

 

 

Click the thumbnail below to see the full size image.

Oregon Quarter Horse Association Oregon Quarter Horse Association Oregon Quarter Horse Association
Oregon Quarter Horse Association Oregon Quarter Horse Association Oregon Quarter Horse Association
Oregon Quarter Horse Association Oregon Quarter Horse Association Oregon Quarter Horse Association
Oregon Quarter Horse Association Oregon Quarter Horse Association Oregon Quarter Horse Association
Oregon Quarter Horse Association Oregon Quarter Horse Association