2013 Trail Challenge Winners
Congratulations to the winners of the 2013 Trail Challenge Event held inconjunction with the OQHA Fall Spectacular Show.
1. Nicole Youngberg on Yellowstone Belle
2. Kordell Land on Skips Passing Fancy
3. Kylie Land on San Rachels Joy
1. Peggy Swearingen on Wink Skipastar Frost
2. Andrew Van Winkle on Docs Runnin Pardner
3. Francis Dairy on Majors First Promise
4. Cheryl Metteer on Exploring My Options
5. carrie Kugler on Coyboys Royal Breeze
1. Darlene Cole on One Neat Ride
2. Courtney Hartman on Spotted Aristocrat
3. Pamela Walsh on Sizzlin Slide
1. Lisa Lichte on Miss Jettn Casady
1.Mark Youngberg on San Rachels Joy
2. Kayla Land on Rhumba
1. Mikaela Standifer on Sage
2. Peggy Swearingen on Wink Skipastar Frost
3. Andrew Van Winkle on Docs Runnin Pardner
4. Cheryl Metteer on Exploring My Options
5. Megan Morrison on Hancocks Miss Badger
1. Katherine Dovenberg on Chief
2. Pamela Walsh on Sizzlin Slide
3. Darrell Reiter on Indie
4. Allison Byrne on Docs Driftin Rose
5. Courtney Hartman on Spotted Aristocrat
1. Jill Lovelace on Driftin Juniper
2. Carol O'Conner on Princess Contessa
3. Lisa Lichte on Miss Jettn Casady
4. Dennis Foley on The Bailiff
The level 2 was the largest class in both divisions. Plan to attend in 2014!!
2013 OQHA Trail Challenge Event
September 14, 2013
9 am to 3 pm
Held at: Oregon Horse Center, outdoor trail course.
OQHA Trail Challenge: Open to any breed. Trail course will be held on the outdoor course at the Oregon Horse Center. The course will consist of: 6-16 obstacles of logs, rocks, a pond and ditches.
Judges: Mitch Hoover
The following classes will be offered:
301. Youth 6-18 years of age.
302. Level 1 Training Level
303. Level 2 Intermediate Level
304. Level 3 Master Level
*1 entry per horse / rider combination is allowed per class. Exhibitor may ride multiple horses per class.
AQHA Trail Challenge Classes: Open to AQHA registered horses only.
306. Youth 6-18 years of age.
307. Level 1 Training Level
308. Level 2 Intermediate Level
309. Level 3 Master Level
Youth Classes $25.00
All Breed Classes $40.00
AQHA Classes $40.00
The following divisions will be recognized by AQHA:
All Breed Challenge Class – (applies to all breeds of Horse and mule)
No official merits will be given to any Horse in this class. There will still be a first through fifth placing at each Trail Challenge Program event. Additionally, the Trail Challenge Coordinator will have to report the Placing on an official TCP Reporting Sheet. All Breed Challenge Class will include a youth and adult division along with the different levels of competition listed below.
For any consideration of merits in the next divisions, rider must present official registration certificate for each American Quarter Horse competing in any class(s). Additionally, the rider must show proof of current membership for American Quarter Horse Association (AQHA) or American Quarter Horse Youth Association (AQHYA) and alliance organization, if applicable. A rider may sign up for AQHA or AQHYA membership at the registration desk. Any rider, who falsifies registration certificate or membership requirement will be disqualified and may be subject to suspension under AQHA rules.
Youth Quarter Horse Class – (applies to participants (6-18) – minimum age to compete will be 6 years of age). Helmets are necessary when required by state and/or local ordinance. A youth cannot exhibit a stallion.
Adult Quarter Horse Class – (applies to participants 18 and older)
Level 1 –Training Level: this is considered a new Partnership. The rider and Horse may not have established trust or are unsure about each team member’s ability to negotiate simple obstacles. Obstacles should be easy to explain to the team: basic maneuver or technique needed to complete the obstacle.
Level 2 –Intermediate Level: this is considered an established Partnership. The rider and Horse are familiar with one another, exhibit trust when negotiating obstacles and are conditioned to ride a longer Course.
Level 3 –Master Level: this is considered a Partnership where Horse and rider have established trust, can negotiate difficult obstacles and are conditioned to travel a longer Course.
For more information:
503-537-9845 email: email@example.com
Rochelle Kishpaugh : 503-320-7811 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click the thumbnail below to see the full size image.